Bill Payment Methods
Below are some stress-free ways to pay your bills:
City of Des Plaines
P.O. Box 734160
Chicago, IL 60673-4160
- IN-PERSON: Pay in person at your convenience:
Des Plaines Civic Center
1420 Miner Street
Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Payments can be made Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, by cash, check, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). Payment by credit card requires a picture I.D.
- Calling the Finance Department at 847.391.5330 during the normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and charging your credit card. All called in payments are assessed a $5.00 service fee.
- Using the after-hour payment slot (located on west side of building behind bench).
- Direct payment (deduction from savings or checking account on due date).Application for Automatic Payment of Utility Bills
Customers unable to pay a utility bill can make payment arrangements by calling 847.391.5322 prior to the due date. Payment arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that failure to pay a bill will result in late fees and eventual disconnection of service.
- Utility Billing Inquiries 847.391.5322
- 24 Hour Meter Read Line 847.391.5323
Residents are strongly encouraged to call in their inside water meter readings on a yearly basis to avoid unusually high bills due to slow or stopped remotes.