Media Services is a division of the City Manager’s Office.
This division consists of the Director of Media Services and a Media
Specialist and is responsible for managing the City’s public relations
and media operations.
This division coordinates media operations, including:
- Audio/video production and support for City events
- Government Access Channels 17 and 24
- Unresolved cable-related complaints from Des Plaines residents
- Live gavel-to-gavel coverage of Des Plaines City Council and committee meetings
- Production of original programs for and about city departments and services
- The City’s electronic signage at Miner Street and River Road
- Webmaster duties for the City’s official website
In a public relations capacity, this division prepares informative publications such as:
- City news releases
- Des Plaines' quarterly newsletter
- Advertising opportunities with local and regional publications